4114 W. Maple Road, Bloomfield Twp., MI 48301 | Phone: 248.539.4800 | Fax: 248.539.4894 | birminghamvision.com
Contact Lens Prescription Signed Acknowledgment Form
Included below is important information to review prior to receiving your contact lens prescription.
The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) makes clear, “Contact lenses can provide many benefits, but they are not risk-free—especially if contact lens wearers don’t practice healthy habits and take care of their contact lenses and supplies. If patients seek care quickly, most complications can be easily treated by an eye doctor. However, more serious infections can cause pain and even permanent vision loss, depending on the cause and how long the patient waits to seek treatment.”
The CDC recommends the following for contact lens wearer:
• Schedule a visit with your eye doctor at least once a year.
• Take out your contacts and call your eye doctor if you have eye pain, discomfort, redness, or blurry vision.
• Understanding that eye infections that go untreated can lead to eye damage or even blindness.2
The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) indicates:
• “To be sure that your eyes remain healthy you should not order lenses with a prescription that has expired or stock up on lenses right before the prescription is about to expire. It’s safe to be rechecked by your eye care professional.” 3
Symptoms of Eye Infection include:
• Irritated, red eyes
• Worsening pain in or around the eyes—even after contact lens removal
• Light sensitivity
• Sudden blurry vision
• Unusually watery eyes or discharge 4
Parent/Legal Guardian Name:
By clicking "SUBMIT" you acknowledge that you have read and understand the content of the Contact Lens Prescription Signed Acknowledgment Form.